Robla School District

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu
| Login Twitter instagram_newInstagram Facebook Youtube Search

EL Services (Title III)

Assembly Bill 124 (Chapter 605, Statutes of 2011) requires the State Board of Education approve standards for English language development for pupils whose primary language is a language other than English. California has a newly developed assessment system to identify students who may need support in developing their English skills. The Robla School District offers many programs and services to help students who do not speak, read, write or understand English well as a result of English not being their home language. The overall goal of the various programs is to improve the English language skills of English Learner and Immigrant students and to provide information to their parents about services available. The following two links provide information about how a child is determined to be an English learner and how schools assess the progress they are making in learning English.