An Interdistrict Transfer is an agreement for students to attend school in a district other than their district of residence. The decision to approve or deny these requests is made by administration of each district involved. How do I transfer my child to a school outside of the Robla School District?
Applications are available at the Robla School District office - 5248 Rose Street, Sacramento 95838 and online at www.robla.k12.ca.us
Submit: (1) the application (2) a current report card (3) documentation to justify the reason for the request (see examples below).
- If your reason is Child Care – We need you and your child care provider to complete and sign the Child Care Affidavit (pdf) and attach proof of residency in the requested district.
- If your reason is Parent Employment - please bring one of the following:
- A signed letter from your employer on letterhead stating your name, physical work address and work hours
- A pay stub showing the work address (A pay stub showing the corporate or district address is not acceptable).
- If your reason is Sibling – A copy of the sibling’s current report card
- If your reason is Health & Safety – A letter explaining the circumstances.
- If your reason is Program Outside of District – A brochure and your child's letter of acceptance to the program.
- If your reason is Proposed Change in Residence - A rental agreement or escrow paperwork showing new address.
- If your reason is Other – A letter of explanation.
- If your child receives Special Education services on an IEP, we need you to submit a copy of the IEP.
If Robla School District approves the transfer, we will forward it to the requested district for their approval.
An Open Enrollment request is submitted when a student who lives within the Robla School District boundaries wants to attend a different school in the district. Open Enrollment requests should be submitted to your child's current school of attendance during the Open Enrollment Period - April 15 to May 15. Transfers between schools are reviewed by principals/district administration the first week of August and approved only if space is available at the requested school.
You may download the Open Enrollment request below.