An Interdistrict Transfer is an agreement for students to attend school in a district other than their district of residence. The administration of each district decides whether to approve or deny these requests. THE REVIEW PROCESS BY BOTH DISTRICTS CAN TAKE UP TO 30 DAYS.
How do I transfer my child to a school outside of the Robla School District?
You may pick up an Application for Interdistrict Transfer at the Robla School District administration office (5248 Rose Street, Sacramento) or download one below. We accept transfer requests year-round. Please submit the documents below to begin the review process.
- Completed application for interdistrict transfer
- Current report card including attendance record
- Discipline records, if applicable
- Documentation justifying the reason for your request (see application for list of required documents)
- Most recent student IEP or 504 Plan (if child receives special services).
If Robla School District approves the transfer, we will forward it to the requested district. Once both districts have approved the transfer, the transfer is valid for five years or until the student changes schools.
For what reasons may the district approve outgoing interdistrict transfer requests?
- Childcare – Submit a completed Childcare Affidavit signed by you and your childcare provider and attach proof of childcare provider's residency in the requested district.
- Parent Employment - Submit proof of employment such as (1) A signed letter from your employer on letterhead stating your name, physical work address and work hours or (2) A pay stub showing the work address
- Sibling – Submit copy of the sibling’s current report card
- Health & Safety – Submit documentation by a physician, school psychologist, or other school personnel.
- Program Outside of District – Submit a program brochure and your child's letter of acceptance to the program.
- Proposed Change in Residence - Submit a rental agreement or escrow paperwork showing new address.
- Other – A letter of explanation.
Intradistrict Transfers (Open Enrollment)
An intradistrict transfer/open enrollment is a transfer that parents/guardians submit when they wish to enroll their student(s) at a school other than the designated school in their attendance area within their district.
Parents/guardians may submit their Open Enrollment requests to their child's current school of attendance beginning May 15 for the following school year. Open Enrollment requests are reviewed by administrators during the first week of August and approved only if space is available at the requested school. Transportation to the transfer school is not guaranteed.