As part of the district's Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP),
Robla School District hosts three Parent Empowerment dinners every school year as well as other activities and workshops at the school and district level throughout the school year.
These workshops, activities, and dinners allow parents to:
- Get motivated and become more involved in their child(ren)'s lives and academic future
- Experience and gain knowledge on other cultures
- Interact and network with parents and staff
All Parent Empowerment Dinners are held at Main Avenue Elementary and offer parents and children free dinner, live entertainment, a guest speaker, and free child care. At each dinner, topics are selected, which best address areas that parents and the district feel are important, these topics include:
- The Importance of Dreaming Big for your Child
- How to Set and Achieve Goals
- Activism, Protests, and the Power of Community Voice
- Empowering Parents to Empower Youth
The Parent Empowerment Dinners celebrate Latin Heritage Month, Black History Month, and Asian American Pacific Islander Month, each celebrating the rich cultural diversity of Robla students and families. These events bring families and school staff together to share a meal and feature inspirational speakers and provide parents resources to help their children achieve in school and life. This event is coordinated in partnership with the Roberts Family Development Center.
We hope that. as a parent, you will be able to attend a future Parent Empowerment Dinner. For more information on the Parent Empowerment Dinners, please contact the district office.