Parents may register their child for kindergarten beginning February 1st for the upcoming school year. You may submit a paper registration packet to the school office or upload the registration materials to the "Enroll Online" webpage (see link in the column at right). To determine your child's school of attendance, please visit the school boundaries page.
Age Requirement for TK & Kinder
Children will be admitted into Kindergarten if they will have their 5th birthday on or before September 1st.
Children will be admitted to Transitional Kindergarten - the first year of a two-year kindergarten program - if they will have their 5th birthday between September 2nd and June 30th.
For other grade level placements, see the chart below at right.
Forms and Flyers Included in the Registration Packet
Please fill out and return:
- Student Registration Form
- Class Size Restrictions Notice
- Home Language Survey
- Health Examination
- Oral Health Assessment Form/Notification to Parent
Please read and keep:
- Health Care for All Families
- Dual Language Immersion (DLI) Program Description (click link to the right for more)
Registration Documents Provided by the Parent/Guardian
Please submit copies of these documents with the registration packet:
- Proof of Child's Age (Examples: Birth certificate, baptism certificate, passport or other approved documentation.)
- Proof of Residency (Examples: Property tax receipt, rental contract or payment receipt, current utility statement with your name and address in our district, voter registration, letter from social services)
- Proof of Immunizations (See the immunization requirements below.)
Staff will not ask or request documentation of a student's social security number or the citizenship or immigration status of the student or his/her family members.
Starting July 1, 2019, Students Admitted to TK/K Need:
- Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis (DTaP, DTP, Tdap, or Td) — 5 doses
(4 doses OK if one was given on/after 4th birthday.)
- Polio (OPV or IPV) — 4 doses
(3 doses OK if one was given on/after 4th birthday)
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) — 2 doses
(Both given on or after 1st birthday)
- Hepatitis B — 3 doses
- Varicella (Chickenpox) — 2 doses
Exemptions to School Immunizations
Starting July 1, 2019, a parent or guardian must submit a signed, written statement from a physician (MD or DO) licensed in California which states:
- The specific nature of the physical condition or medical circumstance of the child for which a licensed physician does not recommend immunization.
- Each specific required vaccine that is being exempted.
- Whether the medical exemption is permanent or temporary. If the exemption is temporary, an expiration date no more than 12 calendar months from the date of signing.
For more information, see https://www.shotsforschool.org/laws/regs2019/#Q10