New Student Registration
Please complete a registration packet for your child and submit to your school of residence. Click here to view the school boundaries. Also bring the documents below when registering your child.
- Proof of Child's Age: A birth certificate or passport.
- Proof of Residency: A utility bill (gas, electricity, water) dated within the past 30 days, showing the name and address of the parent/guardian within our district
- Immunization Record: All immunizations must be up to date before your child(ren) may enter the classroom. See immunization requirements below.
- For Kindergarten - Oral Health Assessment Form: Your child must have a dental checkup by May 31 of their first year of school.
- For First Grade - Report of Health Examination for School Entry Form: Your child must have a physical exam 18 months before or up to 90 days after enrolling in first grade.
Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten
For the 2018-2019 school year, children born on or before September 1, 2013 are eligible for kindergarten. Children born between September 2, 2013 and December 2, 2013 are eligible for Transitional Kindergarten, the first year of a two-year Kindergarten program.
School office staff may provide you with forms in addition to those below to complete your child's enrollment.
All immunizations must be up to date before your child(ren) may enter the classroom.
- Polio (OPV or IPV) — 5 doses
- DtaP/DTP/DT/Td (diphtheria, tetanus, and [acellular] pertussis) OR (tetanus and diphtheria only)- 5 doses
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella) — 2 doses
- Hepatitis B — 3 doses
- Varicella (Chickenpox) — 1 dose
Exemptions to School Immunizations
Starting in 2016, SB 277 went into effect, and personal belief exemptions will no longer be an option. This bill removes exemptions for immunizations except for medical reasons verified in writing by a doctor.
- No longer permit immunization exemptions based on personal beliefs for children in child care and public and private schools;
- Permit personal belief exemptions submitted before January 1, 2016 to remain valid until a pupil reaches kindergarten or 7th grade;
- For more information, see http://www.shotsforschool.org/laws/exemptions