With the appropriate skills and knowledge, Illuminate can be a powerful tool within your arsenal. Classes are available to all staff interested in expanding their knowledge of Illuminate. If you would like to attend a session that takes place during your regular work hours, be sure to speak to your supervisor.
Illuminate classes are held throughout the school year. Classes will generally be held at the Robla School District Boardroom at 2:30 PM unless otherwise specified. Classes will last approximately 45 minutes with 15 minutes (optional) for questions and additional hands-on experience. Unless specified, you need only bring an interest in learning.
To sign up for a class or request additional information, please contact the technology department.
- Assessments - Analyzing Data: Class is designed for teachers and administrators. Class will cover various pre-built reports and custom reports, comparing assessments and ways to set up groups based on results. Report Writing and Excel knowledge is recommended.
- Excel (Basic): Class is designed for all staff. This class will cover basic excel functionality, formatting data, writing simple formulas (ex. sum, avg, count), and pulling information from Illuminate.
- Excel (Intermediate): Class is designed for all staff with a basic understanding of Excel. It is recommended to first attend the Excel (Basic) class before attending this class, unless you already have a basic understanding of Excel. This class will cover formula writing (ex. vlookup, concatenate), pivot tables, and charts and graphs.
- Google Mail: Class is designed for all staff. This class will cover using your District Google Mail account. Shows how to configure and set up filters, labels, and other settings. Also covers Google Calendar and Groups.
- Report Cards: Class is designed for new teachers and long term substitute teachers. This class will cover accessing student report cards, linking standards from grade books, entering student grades, and printing the report cards. Besides the general grade level report cards, this class will also touch on the supplemental English Learners report card.
- Report Writing (Basic): Class is designed for all staff. This class will cover the advanced search features of Search 2.0, and how to write a basic report, including creating templates to make future reports easier.
- Report Writing (Intermediate): Class is designed for all staff who have a basic understanding of report writing within Illuminate. It is recommended to first attend the Report Writing (Basic) class before attending this class, unless you already know how to create a basic report. This class will cover intermediate report writing techniques and highlight advanced filters, grouping, and translations.
- Teacher Essentials: Class is designed for new teachers and substitute teachers. This class will cover basic Illuminate access, attendance procedures, and an introduction into grade books and assessments.