Transitional Kindergarten (TK) & Kindergarten Registration
Parents/guardians may register their child for transitional kindergarten (TK) or kindergarten beginning February 1 for the coming school year. You may submit a paper registration packet to the school office or upload the registration materials at our "Enroll Online" webpage. To determine your child's school of attendance, please visit the school boundaries page.
Age Requirement for TK & Kinder
- Kindergarten - Child must turn five years old on or before September 1, 2022
- Transitional Kindergarten (the first year of a two-year kindergarten program) - Child must turn five between September 2, 2022 and February 2, 2023. More information about TK can be found below.
- Other grades - Child is placed according to the chart below at right.
Registration Documents Provided by the Parent/Guardian
Below is a list of documents we need parents/guardians to submit with the registration packet:
- Proof of Child's Age. Examples: Birth certificate, baptism certificate, passport or other approved documentation.
- Proof of Residency (with your name and address in our district). Examples: Property tax payment receipt, rental property contract or payment receipt, utility statement, voter registration, correspondence from social services. If you live with another family and do not have any of these documents, please submit an Affidavit of Residency (form.
- Immunization Record. (See the immunization requirements below.)
Staff will not ask or request documentation of a student's social security number or the citizenship or immigration status of the student or his/her family members.
Kindergarten Registration Packet
Below is a list of documents included in the registration packet that you can download below. Please fill out and return items #1 through 5. Items #6 and 7 are for your information; please do not return them.
- Student Registration Form
- Class Size Restrictions Notice
- Home Language Survey
- Health Examination
- Oral Health Assessment
- Health Care for All Families
- Dual Language Immersion (DLI) Program Description
Starting July 1, 2019, students admitted to TK/K need:
- Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis (DTaP, DTP, Tdap, or Td) — 5 doses
(4 doses OK if one was given on/after 4th birthday.)
- Polio (OPV or IPV) — 4 doses
(3 doses OK if one was given on/after 4th birthday)
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) — 2 doses
(Both given on or after 1st birthday)
- Hepatitis B — 3 doses
- Varicella (Chickenpox) — 2 doses
Exemptions to School Immunizations
Starting July 1, 2019, a parent or guardian must submit a signed, written statement from a physician (MD or DO) licensed in California which states:
- The specific nature of the physical condition or medical circumstance of the child for which a licensed physician does not recommend immunization.
- Each specific required vaccine that is being exempted.
- Whether the medical exemption is permanent or temporary. If the exemption is temporary, an expiration date no more than 12 calendar months from the date of signing.
For more information, see https://www.shotsforschool.org/laws/regs2019/#Q10
TK Frequently Asked Questions and Information
Information about TK can be found in the documents below or by clicking here