An Interdistrict Transfer is an agreement for students to attend school in a district other than their district of residence. The decision to approve or deny these requests is made by administration of each district involved. How do I transfer my child to a school outside of the Robla School District?
Applications are available at the Robla School District office - 5248 Rose Street, Sacramento 95838 and online at www.robla.k12.ca.us
Submit: (1) the application (2) a current report card (3) documentation to justify the reason for the request (see examples below).
- If your reason is Child Care – We need you and your child care provider to complete and sign the Child Care Affidavit (pdf) and attach proof of residency in the requested district.
- If your reason is Parent Employment - please bring one of the following:
- A signed letter from your employer on letterhead stating your name, physical work address and work hours
- A pay stub showing the work address (A pay stub showing the corporate or district address is not acceptable).
- If your reason is Sibling – A copy of the sibling’s current report card
- If your reason is Health & Safety – A letter explaining the circumstances.
- If your reason is Program Outside of District – A brochure and your child's letter of acceptance to the program.
- If your reason is Proposed Change in Residence - A rental agreement or escrow paperwork showing new address.
- If your reason is Other – A letter of explanation.
- If your child receives Special Education services on an IEP, we need you to submit a copy of the IEP.
If Robla School District approves the transfer, we will forward it to the requested district for their approval.
Intradistrict Transfers (Open Enrollment)
An Intradistrict Transfer request is submitted when a student who lives within the Robla School District boundaries wants to attend a different school in the district. Intradistrict Transfer requests should be submitted during the Open Enrollment Period - April 15 to May 15. Transfers between schools are approved by principals/district administration only when space is available at the requested school.
You may download the intradistrict transfer request below. Please submit the completed form to your child's current school of attendance.