The Robla School District has prioritized the health, safety, and physical and emotional wellness of our students, families, and staff long before COVID-19. We now face a new challenge in maintaining this priority as we look towards reopening our schools. Our driving question is this: How can we best reopen our schools while simultaneously preserving the health, safety, and physical and emotional wellness of our students, families, and staff. Of equal importance, equitable and inclusive access to education must be considered for all children as students return to school. This information is intended to provide guidance in the areas in which COVID19 may intersect with Health Office responsibilities as well as health protocols for staff and students.
Prior to Entering Campus
Parents are expected to take their child’s temperature each morning prior to coming to school. Children with a fever of 100.4 or higher should not come to school. Parents are also expected to screen their child for respiratory symptoms prior to coming to school each day. Respiratory symptoms include cough, shortness of breath, rapid or difficulty breathing.
Daily Screenings of Students
Teachers will conduct daily screenings of students, to occur at onset of class time. Teachers screening will include:
- Observe the student for cough, flushed cheeks, rapid or difficulty breathing.
- Ask “How do you feel today?”
- Take the student’s temperature.
If a student exhibits a temperature of 100.4 or higher and/or is exhibiting signs/symptoms of COVID-19, the teacher will:
- Ensure the student is wearing a mask
- Immediately notify the health office
- Upon direction from the health office, send the student to the office for further evaluation.
Protocol for Visitors
The Robla School District will limit visitors to people who are essential to the education or health of a student or staff member. With this in mind, there will be some visitors who will be on our school campuses.
- Visitors to school will adhere to the established protocol prior to entering campus.
- Visitors will be limited to individuals that are essential to district activities.
- Visitors will be screened using a symptom checker form and have their temperature taken.
- Visitors must sign a form attesting to being symptom-free for the past 10 days and having not been recently exposed to anyone known to have COVID-19.
- Visitors who pass the screening will wear a visible marker to be provided by the district (i.e., paper wristband or visitor badge sticker) indicating proof of screening.
- Visitors who do not pass the screening will not be allowed on campus.
- Visitors must adhere to all staff health procedures, including frequent hand washing between classes, students, or activities, when visitors are working with children or supplies.